We got out early last Friday and we had a big party at lunch (baseball themed) on Monday so it's been feeling pretty mellow for the last couple of days. Spider Solitaire is taking up most of my days at the moment. I'm addicted; I can't help it. So, as you can guess, I haven't gotten as much writing done. I have, however, submitted myself for a few acting projects and I auditioned for a horror movie last night. It went really well, so your very own receptionist might be a real life scream queen soon. I'll keep you posted.
I'm also trying to figure out what to do about the job. My one possible lead has fallen through a bit as it turned out to have part time hours only and a fairly meager salary. Ah well. At least I'm still investigating other options.
Speaking of investigating...
You should read this book: Mallory's Oracle by Carol O'Connell. I had forgotten about it completely until I found myself without anything appealing to read. The mystery genre was really my first love in the world of books and this story turned me onto the idea of the anti-hero in middle school. It's fascinating, suspenseful, and even moving at times. I love it and all of the following Kathleen Mallory books. Well, maybe not all of them... Still, if you get the chance and you feel a yearning towards murder and the violation of certain civil liberties, pick it up.
By the way, taxes ate up 40% of my bonus. Seriously, 40%. I am more than happy to pay taxes, believe me. I would rather pay taxes and have better schools and community programs for my kids than have a couple hundred extra now, but 40% seems just a tad excessive.
I've started a kids book/short story. I can't decide which it will be yet, but I have at least started. I'll try to put up the beginnings of the tale tomorrow. Night for now.

No comments:
Post a Comment